Mr. Thomas practices in the areas of strategic wealth conservation, business continuity planning, charitable giving and asset protection. In addition to practicing law, he is actively involved in educating insurance professionals, lawyers, financial advisors, CPAs, and stock brokers in basic and advanced estate planning concepts. Mr. Thomas focuses his practice on integrating sophisticated estate and tax planning with business succession planning. His practice also includes the transfer of family wealth and plan administration as well as a broad-based business practice.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- California Bar Association (Trusts and Estates Section)
- Fresno County Bar Association, Estate Planning and Probate Section
- Founding member, Wealth Counsel, LLC, a national network of estate planning attorneys
- Fresno Estate Planning Council
- Partnership for Philanthropic Planning
- Co-Chair of Major Gifts Committee, Fresno Rescue Mission
- Valley Public Television, Inc., Audit Committee
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Fresno Art Museum
Professional Recognitions & Awards
Mr. Thomas has attained the AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, after being recognized by his peers to be the best in both legal ability and ethical practice.
Business Succession Planning (2010) Continuing Education of the Bar, co-authored with Matthew Brown, Peter Meyers and David Hiersekorn
“Client Conversations on Philanthropy and the Role of the Donor Advisor.” California State University, Fresno Meeting of the University Deans May 19, 2009; San Joaquin “Leave a Legacy” March 10, 2009.
“Farm and Ranch Owner Estate Planning” Fresno-Madera Farm Credit West, Annual Symposium, October 31, 2008.