Marcus enjoys working with entrepreneurs and creative people. As a registered patent attorney, he is regularly called on by his clients to provide counsel on all aspects of intellectual property law, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and internet law.
Prior to entering the legal industry Marcus was employed as an electrical engineer and a software engineer. While working at a startup research and development laboratory he conceived of two new wireless technologies which were later patented. This unique background gives him an advantage when working with technology clients – from startup entrepreneurs to established firms – as he understands both the legal and technical goals.
Marcus provides the following services: domestic and foreign patent prosecution; domestic, foreign, and state trademark prosecution; litigation actions involving infringement of intellectual property rights; domain name disputes and internet law, including actions under the Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy; federal trademark cancellation and opposition proceedings; and intellectual property licensing and portfolio management.
Marcus has a BV Distinguished® Peer Review Rating in Intellectual Property, Patents and Litigation from Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected by SuperLaywers as a Northern California Rising Star from 2012 through the present.
It was only a matter of time before Marcus – whose family has deep roots in the agricultural industry – moved out to a small ranch, where he and his wife now live with their three children.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (San Joaquin Valley)
- Federal Bar Association (Intellectual Property and Communications Law Section)
- American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Law Section)
- State Bar of California (Intellectual Property Law Section)
- Fresno County Bar Association