Mr. Byrum has been cited as one of the top rated lawyers in alternative dispute resolution by Martindale Hubbell and American Lawyer Media. Mr. Byrum’s vast experience in litigation, construction, real estate, business transactions, corporate law, energy, oil, gas and mineral law, gives him an advantage while working as a mediator, arbitrator, corporate director or court appointed discovery referee. As a mediator, Mr. Byrum’s experience in these practice areas uniquely qualifies him to assist parties in finding common ground and achieving settlements, even in the most challenging circumstances. Mr. Byrum’s skills assist parties in finding resolutions where both parties are able to provide a measure of perspective. He has successfully mediated complex cases encompassing a broad section of practice areas including cases in product liability, personal injury and medical malpractice. When appointed as a corporate director, Mr. Byrum can provide the necessary assistance for sometimes turbulent and unfortunate disputes that may occur within a corporation. Mr. Byrum’s background and over 40 years of experience has allowed him to create a successful practice in mediation services.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Recognized by Martindale-Hubbell and American Lawyers Media as top rated in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Rated “A+” by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member: Kern County Bar Association (Chairman, Committee to Establish Court Mediation Program), Los Angeles County Bar Association, State Bar of California, American Bar Association
- Member: American Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, Kern, Tulare and Fresno County Superior Court Mediation Panels, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Founding Director and Member: Bakersfield College Foundation, 1975 (President, 1998-2004)
- Member: South Bakersfield Rotary (President, 1989-1990) Legislative Advocate for Community College Funding